Aloe vera oil is known for aiding skin conditions, hair growth, wound healing etc. In our home we mainly as moisturizer and for hair growth.
- Aloe vera (Gel)– 1 Cup
- Virgin Coconut Oil – Cold Pressed– 1 Cup
- Karunjeeragam / Kalungi – 1 Tbsp (For Hair Oil only)
- Vendayam – 1 Tbsp (For Hair Oil only)
Steps: Aloe Vera Oil
- From Aloe vera – remove the white part
- In a blender grind the white part and make Aloe Vera juice – 1cup
- In a pan pour the coconut oil and start heating it in gas stove.
- In about 10mins coconut oil will be heated enough.
- Pour the Aloe vera gel from blender, very slowly into pan.
- While pouring oil will start splatter, but should be manageable.
- For about 15mins, splattering will continue until all the moisture evaporates
- Towards end splattering will stop & also the Aloe Vera remains will start turning into brown – this is the time to stop cooking (refer video)
- Keep the pan aside for cool down, about 1-2hours – then store in bottles
- Now Aloe vera oil is ready. Surprisingly it might smell like ghee!
Steps: Aloe Vera Hair Oil
- Add 1Tbsp Karunjeeragam & Vendayam into blender and grind it to powder.
- Once Aloe vera oil is cooled down, keep it in steel container (with lid)
- In a cooking pan add water and bring water to boiling stage
- Keep the steel container (with lid) into boil water. The coconut oil will get the heat from boiling water and start melting
- After 5mins we can stop