Upgrading HP Laptop with Samsung SSD
Laptop Configuration Details:
Model: HP Envy 17t-j100
Processor: i7 4700MQ 2.7Ghz
NVidia GeForce: 2GB
SSD Used: Samsung EVO 740, 256GB SSD
- This procedure may void your warranty and might make your laptop stop working.
Step1: Create Recovery Disc
- As first step you need to create recovery disc and this is not an optional step. You must do this before removing old HDD from your Laptop
- Each laptop manufacturer has its own methods to this step. For HP Laptop you can follow the steps given in this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03481733&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en
- Once you complete the procedures you will have 5 DVDs which is recovery disc.
Step2: Backup existing data in HDD
- Just to be safe, copy your existing file & data in your existing HDD to another external Hard disk or Pen drive
Step3: Open Laptop, remove HDD & connect SSD
You need a screw driver & SSD for this step. See the video below
Step4: Restore OS with Recovery Disk
- Power ON Laptop and see if Laptop detects SSD in BIOS.
- Insert Recovery disc-1 and boot laptop from CD/DVD Drive
- Windows installer will ask all five disc during “copying files” step
- Installation will start after copying files
- Installation may restart 3-4 times and your laptop is ready to use
If you have question, please post it in the comments below